- Bachelor of Social Science (E.C.U). Major – Youth Work, Minor – Justice Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship (C.S.U.)
- Associate Degree in Legal Studies (C.D.U.)
- Certificate of Directors Essentials (A.I.C.D.)
- Level One Coaching Certification – Youth / Seniors (AFL)
- Sports Mentoring Certificate (Australian Sports Commission)
I have experience in working in community organisations and all three arms of Government (Federal, State and Local). My focus has been working to develop and support young people in our community, improving participation in sports to build vibrant communities and promoting positive education, training and employment opportunities for young people, especially Indigenous people.
- Finalist for NT Sports Awards Volunteer of the Year 2015
- Premiership Coach, NTFL U15s x 3
- Ron Evans Leadership Award Winner 2014
- Member of the NT Youth Justice Advisory Council 2012
- Board Member of Foundation for Young Australians 2005-2008
- ACT Women’s AFL Representative Team 2008
- Inaugural Member of Brightest Young Minds Summit 2007
- Featured in the ‘Who’s Who of Australian Women’ Publication 2007/2008
- Golden Key National Honour Society Member for oustanding academic achievement
- Departmental (DEEWR) Secretary’s Award for Program Implementation (IYEC Program) 2006
- Living in Harmony Award – Lleuwin Sailing Ship 2004
- Youth Representative, WA Ministerial Council on Child Protection 2003
- Youth Representative, WA Family and Children’s Advisory Committee 2000
Born in Geraldton, Western Australia, home of many sporting stars, I cannot claim to be as famous or as successful as others from Geraldton, however I feel honoured that along my journey I have helped many others be the best they can be.
I come from a long history of business owners and sportspeople on both sides of the family tree, born into supermarket life at Kalbarri, Western Australia. Spending my education years in Perth, I began work at 14 and learnt young to combine work with my study and sporting pursuits.
Upon completing a Bachelor of Social Science in 2004, I returned to the Midwest and worked in community service roles with young people and their families. I was sailing on the Lleuwin Leadership in Harmony Voyage when I got the call up to recolcate to Canberra to begin a career in the Public Service. During this time I completed a Grad Cert in Entrepreneurship and the Australian Institute of Company Directors Course. It's also where I kickstarted my AFL playing days and career as a coach.
My career journey has taken me all over the country, in urban, regional and remote places in WA, ACT and NSW, and since 2008, I called the NT home.
Prior to founding Starwin; I held positions in the top end with Tiwi Islands Shire Council; Darwin High School; NT Department of Health & Families; Saint Marys Football, Sporting & Social Club; and ABC Local Radio – Sport, giving me the opportunity to build strong networks and experience in the community and sports sectors.
After completing my third tertiary qualification (an Associate Degree in Legal Studies) I felt ready to live my dream – setting up my own social enterprise, founded on my commitment and passion for; improving the lives of young people, sport, travel and community development.