Our Darwin team undertook a new look in 2019, as we implemented our "Each One, Teach One program", with an Aboriginal Workforce Grant from NT Government and support from YouthWorx NT.
When you visit our Darwin shopfront you will be greeted by...
We have a behind the scenes team to ensure our team members will succeed on their chosen career path led by...
- EMG Performance Psychology, Liz hosts weekly mentoring sessions with our workers and has a long history of supporting young people through the NTIS and the Casuarina Senior College Academy and as a tennis coach.
- Kara Blakely, mumpreneur is providing administration and financial management support for the team
- Kate McTaggart Consulting, providing oversight of the Career Mentoring services for participants and evaluation of the program.
- Karina Gray, Starwin founder with a Major in Youth Work and Grad Cert in Entrepreneurship is leading the program design and coordination and providing informal mentoring for team members establishing their enterprises
Initial 2019 intake...
- Brianna Browne-Close, a Larrakia young woman and school leaver, turned Starwin intern has the honour of being our first pilot program participant
- Aaron McTaggart, renowned Indigenous artist and screen printer from Daly River is providing on-site supervision and support for our Brianna in Feb / March
- Dominique Cook, a young Yamatji woman worked as mentor in 2019 to supervise Sharmayne and Kyemma on their internships
Find out more...
Click to discover more about our Career Pathways initiatives
Invest with us...
If you would like to support this initiative and invest in career pathways for young Indigenous women, please get in touch