Leading into 2022, we acknowledge a HUGE achievement and want to give a BIG shout out to Hoops 4 Health who are celebrating 20 years of service to the community this month.
Founded by Timmy Duggan, Hoops 4 Health has provided an Indigenous led community service providing youth leadership and career pathways with a sustainable and meaningful impact. It is a one-of-a-kindness model born in the north that has led the way in youth development for many years.
Since our inception and for over a decade we have worked alongside Hoops in a number of ways....
- codesigning and delivering TalentEd camps together
- co locating to create a hub space, H4H were part of the establishment of our Starwin Shopfront in Darwin.
- creating income generation for their programs through funding proposals and submissions
- developing youth leadership activities and programs for events like National Youth Week
- guest speaker opportunities for Timmy Duggan at corporate and community events
- support with graphic design services
- accessing support for young athletes in our care
And many more moments.
The work of Timmy and the crew is innovative and continues to change lives and provide hope for communities all across Australia. Being able to collaborate with H4H to create change has been an honour and a pleasure.
Congratulations to the team, we hope you enjoy some of these flashbacks and special memories. Well done on 20 years and keep ballin! 🏀🏆