Our Vision: 2022 - Two Kind
Our 2022 Vision: Two Kind
It's our mission to Listen, Learn, and Light the Way
Listen: With a passion for doing business better, we have taken the time to listen deeply. Our collective and our dreams are our priority.
Learn: We aim to multiply the value of work we do, by investing in our next generation of leaders, and their learning.
Light the Way: by empowering our team, we light the way for others to follow too.
We recognise the First Nations people on the land we live, work and play. Especially the Larrakia and Kuku Yalanji lands where we have a presence. We also acknowledge the many other First Nations elders and leaders who collaborate with us to share their culture and stories and inspire us to care for kids and keep culture strong. We follow their lead and appreciate and advocate for the caring for country, kids and community. The origin of these concepts, being that Indigenous people have been the first innovators, makers and kreators and led the way for us all to do better for generation after generation since the Dreamtime.
We celebrate the tropical north, from Tiwi to the Daintree.
Our Herstory: We are a team of women in enterprise with a dream to grow a Made with Kindness Economy. With over a decade of experience, we have expertise in creating career pathways for community leaders to do what they love, on the country they love.
Our Dream: We believe in the Starfish Parable. Each One of us has knowledge and the power to Teach One. By leading our own change, we will create ripples and sea change in our world.
Our Mission: We will be leaders; as solution brokers, we demonstrate a new way of working. We have a principle of invitation and lead from behind. We are innovative in the ways we work with women in enterprise in the tropical north.
YOUR DREAM x OUR TEAM
Connection: We invite you to work and invest with us, Two Kind enterprises with a common vision and ethical practice.
Collaboration: Engage our collective to make your visions a reality. We will custom design and deliver one-of-a-kindness corporate and cultural gifts and experiences for you.
Celebration: As a community, we will create employment + economic development for young leaders and women in enterprise, celebrating their success.
Our two kind model means that positive impacts flow two ways, through service provision for our community, we create a ripple effect for our collective and sea change. Our strategic priorities for 2022 are:
1) Employment: providing career mentoring support for our workers to grow their own creative enterprises reflective of our Each One, Teach One model.
2) Economic Development: establishing an in-house product design and development model that services our community's needs for corporate and cultural gifts
3) Empowerment: investing our proceeds into two x community initiatives; Tiwi Youth Girls Leadership + Higher Attire along with a range of community events
4) Experiences: collaborating with community and cultural leaders like Mayala Bol, Wangatunga Tiwi Women, Hoops for Health (Darwin) and Walkabout Cultural Adventures and Harbrow Mentoring (Daintree) to host bespoke cultural and creative experience and events, supporting their on country enterprises
5) Education: sharing our stories from our collective through our website and marketing platforms. Promoting stories that celebrate kindness and keeping culture strong, with the themes of; mindfulness, caring for kids, caring for country, doing business better and youth leadership.
GROWING A MADE WITH KINDNESS ECONOMY
* Each year since 2020 we have created a new vision, based on our dreaming as a team. In Spring, 2021 our collective took part in creating a vision and setting goals for their own professional and personal pathways. Our 2021 Vision focused on the Power of One. In 2022, we want to multiply and our Two Kind strategy reflects this.
Find out more:
- About MK Eco by Starwin here
- Our Made with Kindness Economy here
- Our new TalentEd service here